Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Some Thoughts



       I had a thought today that I wanted to share with you. I went to war today. Now some of you may ask how that happened.


I will tell you, if you listen.
 

In fact, this war was something I have participated in many times before. and today, I face it again.
 
 

What is this war called? Life. It is called life.  



Life. Life is simple but at the same time the most complex thing in the world.  

How did I go to war today you may ask. Well, when I woke up, I made a decision. I decided I wasn't going to keep living this way. I'm tired of living a destructive life. When I tear people down, I get so angry at myself. It is the time to change.  

In many ways, we find great pleasure in living in our sin. I know I do. Have you ever found that you hate your sin as much as you love it though? Personally, it depends on the lie that I am being told  that helps persuades me to whether or not I want to believe the lie. Some lies tempt us to do things that sound good to us, while other lies, bring us into deeper despair. Its ok. I understand. Life is confusing.  Often, I find myself trying to unpack my entire life all in just one sitting. Why do we do this? We do this because often, we try to justify our sins or we are to weak to fight against the lies and we would rather sit and sulk in what we are being told. In reality, we don't know why we do the things that we do, but in the end, there is something we need to realize. The reason you search is not because you are bored. The reason you feel empty is not because you are purposeless. You ask these questions because you do have a purpose. We ask who we are because that is a question God needs us to ask ourselves. We ask what is our purpose because we are all born with a purpose.

I need to tell you something. Your life, yes, your life has a God given purpose. Do you know who you are? You are an intricately woven beautiful design of God and you are not without a purpose. God created and built you to live on earth . . . and you have meaning. 










No comments:

Post a Comment